Try This Snowshoe Trekking and Winter Camping Experience
January 19th and 20th, Winter of 2013
Haliburton Forest is definitely a spectacular wintertime wonderland.
Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve Ltd., (Haliburton Forest) is actually a unique, privately owned forest residing on 70,000 acres of rolling hardwood forests, amazing lakes and rivers with extensive wetlands in the Haliburton Highlands of central Ontario, only 3 hours north of Toronto and about 30 minutes away from us here at our winter resort.
An outdoor lover’s paradise;
- Wolf Centre
- Walk in the Clouds popular canopy tour
- Groomed snowmobile trails and sled rentals
- Try mountain biking
- Take the family dog sledding
- Try your luck or skill at fishing
- Try hiking, see what Mother Nature has built
- Wildlife observation
- Outdoor educational programs
Snowshoe Trek and Winter Camping Weekend
Here is a way to enjoy the snow and embark on a two day, one night winter camping adventure!
The weekend begins at Haliburton Forest Base Camp where participants will join their guide and be immersed into the unique world of snowshoe trekking and winter camping.
A sense of adventure, humor and activity is required.
Time: Saturday 10 am – Sunday 4 pm
Fee $145.00 per person
- Your necessary gear (snowshoes, cooking equipment, etc.)
- Two delicious lunches
- One breakfast and dinner
- Accommodation overnight in a Walled tent equipped with luxury, a wood stove and a sleeping platform.
- Bring your own personal items, such as sleeping bag, warm cloths etc.
Want to be part of this weekend, contact info below
- Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve Ltd.
- 1095 Redkenn Rd.
- Contact: Main Office
- Tel: 705-754-2198
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Haliburton Forest www.haliburtonforest.com
Here is a short video on how to snowshoe to give you an idea what snowshoe trekking is all about, has nothing to do with the Haliburton Forest or the above camping weekend.
Trouble viewing video see Snowshoeing
Winter 2013 is coming this weekend, 20 cm of snow followed by two days at -29 C at night
Come on out to the country and enjoy what Mother Nature has given us, lots of things to do with the family.