Maple Syrup Harvest
March 8-24 2013 Weekends in March
Experiencing tapping the sugar maple trees on the Hill is always a entertaining and educational time of the year.
Be a part of them as they collect sap, the old fashion way on snowshoes and by transporting the sap in buckets.
Boiling down the sap using a wood fired evaporator allows all the precious minerals to continue to be in the product.
They do not use hi-tech filters resulting is a dark coloured syrup that is certainly rich in good quality and flavor.
Cost is $15 per person
Don’t forget to bring your own snowshoes
and dress for winter.
Enjoy a pancake meal topped with fresh Maple Syrup.
1258 Magnificent Road
All About Magnificent Hill
- Located 20 minutes south of Algonquin Provincial Park in the hills of Highland Grove, Ontatio
- A home as well as a life-style for both Lea and Dee, who are mastering and developing methods to become as self sufficient and sustainable as possible
- They strive to live in harmony with our earth, water and air, practicing and developing much better ways to grow their foods and raise animals with a chemical free environment
- There is certainly nothing better than planting a seed and allowing it to grow naturally
- They offer a collection of seasonal produce and fruits which have been able to grow without including added chemicals
- Their soil is examined annual and they only add organic products to enhance the quality. The result is realized in every tasty bite
- Their animals have an unique roll and place on the Hill. Some for breeding while other animals are being raised for food.
For more information on maple syrup and it’s collection process or for natural foods see Magnificent Hill
Contact: Lea or Dee for more information